[HOWTO] Using git for mtd

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sun Apr 23 08:20:35 EDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-22 at 19:11 +0200, Jörn Engel wrote:
> Next version with the FIXMEs filled in.  If anyone has comments, spots
> errors, etc., please tell me.

We should also mention merges. If you're putting something into a git
tree for me to pull from, it's best if that pull will _not_ result in a
merge. That means you should base it on the current mtd-2.6 tree, not on
a tree which you've merged with Linus' tree for yourself.

Obviously, if you have a longer-lived git tree with stuff like xattr
support in it, that's expected to have merges -- I mean the above just
for the short-lived stuff.

--
dwmw2