data loss on jffs2 filesystem on dataflash

Artem B. Bityutskiy dedekind at infradead.org
Wed Sep 21 12:19:51 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 18:10 +0200, Peter Menzebach wrote:
> Artem B. Bityutskiy wrote:
> >
> > But.. Argh! Look at line 488: if (pad && !jffs2_dataflash(c))
> >
> > Why !jffs2_dataflash(c)??? I bet this is the bug.
> >
> Nope, it's OK there, only when padding.
OK, its late here and my head is working only on 2%. But anyway, today I
insist this is a bug. :-)

I don't understand what is the pad parameter at all. AFAICS, it is just
an old rudiment. What is padding? If the write buffer is not full, we
fill the rest of it by padding and flush it. Why we may not want this? I
have no idea. This is something odd. Why DataFlash is something
special??? May be I'm too stupid today to understand this? Later.

--
Best Regards,
Artem B. Bityuckiy,