Mounting large JFFS2 causes other process to stop running!

Benny Chen bennyc at rtunet.com
Sun Sep 4 22:42:29 EDT 2005

Hi there,
I have this problem, where when I mount a large JFFS2 partition (5M),
nothing else seems to be running.  The jffs2 routines seems to have the
processor all for itself.

I did a test by running 'top' and changed it's priority to -18 and then
mount the jffs2 partition.  Even with -18 priority 'top' stops reporting
for the duration of the mount.

I am aware that JFFS2 takes a long time to mount large partitions. But
to have no process running during the mount duration is a little funny.

Hope someone can help.

Regards,
Benny Chen