Bug: Flash writing & suspending

Todd Poynor tpoynor at mvista.com
Sat Oct 8 17:04:36 EDT 2005

Holger Schurig wrote:
>>If that's accepted, I'll send a common PXA2xx platform driver for mtd that
>>adds the PM suspend/resume callbacks as discussed here recently.
>
> Do you mean something like the sa1100-flash.c file?  Can't you re-use this
> file?

Although we would need to do something about the sa1100-specific
physical addresses and register access for bankwidth (this could
probably go into the info passed from board files, there's a width field
of the flash_info struct), and perhaps the pxa2xx cache invalidate code,
but: yes, we're pretty close to a generic mapping driver for arches that
declare a include/asm/mach/flash.h compatible with ARM's.  And there's
probably a need for an alternative to the current definition of struct
device's platform_data for these sorts of things, since many uses of
platform_data really hold info represented in generic data structures,
without a need for platform-specific definition or interpretation, so it
could be on all platforms.  I might try to run that by folks sometime soon.

--
Todd