MTD crash with kernel 2.6.13

llandre r&d2 at dave-tech.it
Fri Oct 7 06:26:50 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I encountered a problem with MTD with kernel 2.6.13 on ARM architecure.
It crashes in __wake_up_common function when I try to erase a MTD
partition on StrataFlash. I've already talked with David Woodhouse over
#mtd channel and it really seems it is a bug in MTD code (he suggests it
is due to an uninitialized wait queue). I tried to patch the kernel with
latest MTD code but the crash still occurs. Here are available the full
dumps of the console (with and without DEBUG_WAITQ flag):
http://www.dave-tech.it/download/misc/sw/zefeer/zelk/mtd/

Anybody experienced the same problem? Any suggestions about how to solve it?

Thanks in advance,
llandre

DAVE Electronics System House - R&D Department
web:   http://www.dave-tech.it
email: r&d2 at dave-tech.it