Could not write to flash AT49BV6416T

mike lee mikelee at avantwave.com
Mon Nov 7 05:12:36 EST 2005

Dear all
   I can boot linux with this AT49BV6414T flash, but can not erase/write
to the flash. Every time i write to that flash it finish up with
"Input/Output Error".
    Below is the debug output of cfi_cmdset0002, it is wrong according
to chip datasheet . I have tried to use JEDEC enabled kernel, the result
is the same.
   By the way, that ATMEL flash is CFI version 1.0 , i don't know
whether it is update or not.

---- debug msg ---
NOR Flash 1: Found 1 x16 devices at 0x0 in 16-bit bank
 Amd/Fujitsu Extended Query Table at 0x0041
  Silicon revision: 87
  Address sensitive unlock: Not required
  Erase Suspend: Not supported
  Block protection: Not supported
  Temporary block unprotect: Supported
  Block protect/unprotect scheme: 128
  Number of simultaneous operations: 3
  Burst mode: Supported
  Page mode: 1020 word page
  Vpp Supply Minimum Program/Erase Voltage: 15.15 V
  Vpp Supply Maximum Program/Erase Voltage: 15.15 V
  Top/Bottom Boot Block: Unknown value 255
NOR Flash 1: CFI does not contain boot bank location. Assuming top.
number of CFI chips: 1
cfi_cmdset_0002: Disabling erase-suspend-program due to code brokenness.

Thanks
Mike Lee