Flash with boot blocks in kernel 2.4

JobHunts02 at aol.com JobHunts02 at aol.com
Fri May 20 02:13:04 EDT 2005

I am working with kernel 2.4 on a board with two flash chips that have boot
blocks, Intel Advanced Boot Block Flash Memory (28F320C3).  I just read that
"the 2.4 CFI code handles only devices with uniform eraseblock size -- not the
devices with 'boot blocks'. Current CVS fixes that for AMD chips, and it's
trivial to do the same for Intel chips, now it's been done once," according to the
MTD project leader.

Does anyone know where on the web I can find these "trivial" changes for
Intel chips?

Thank you.