Clarifying doubts abt Flash Memory

Diing Yaw Ng dingyaois at gmail.com
Fri May 20 01:53:47 EDT 2005

Hihi,

I am a newbie here. I need some help in clarifying some stuff.

I am interested in booting uClinux in a palm pda from a memory card.

I was reading abt an article abt Using Flash Memory with uClinux at
http://www.cyberguard.info/snapgear/tb20020917.html

Does this Flash Memory mentioned includes MMC and SD? I checked out
MMC and found that it uses Flash technology for read and write
operations. For SD, it is a flash memory storage device.

Can I conclude that it is able to work for SD card regarding the part
" booting, running and operating from a flash memory regardless of the
processor" ?? What abt MMC since it uses the same technoloy? Flash
Devices include SD and MMC?

I am abit blurz about this Flash memory terms in the article. It
includes too much technical terms like NAND and NOR FLASH  which I
have difficulty in understanding in a short period of time.

cheers

Dingyao