jffs2 with sync burst mode

Artem B. Bityuckiy dedekind at yandex.ru
Fri Mar 11 06:59:36 EST 2005

Konstantin Kletschke wrote:
> But is moving the memcpy function a valid fix? There must be something
> really wrong which should be fixed :/ DCache corruption i.e. missing
> invalidating at the right time?
Err, how can ti be valid? Do you see any problem in JFFS2 itself?

AFAIU, you have problems in layers which are bellow JFFS2. JFFS2 itself
is correct. Your fix in JFFS2 is not actually fix, you have just hidden
your problem, right?

Unfortunately, I can't help you with your Dcache problems. In fact, I
have very limited NOR experience for now, and I might help if you find
bugs in JFFS2, not in underlying drivers. May be anybody else...

> But if I understood correct the not created-cleanmarkers-by-bootloader
> problem is "solved" on second boot? I see this here also, the 1st mount
> takes ages, the following are fast.
This depends on how long have you used JFFS2 after the first mount.
Blocks aren't erased immediately on mount. Instead, this work is done
later. So, *some* blocks *might* stay not re-erased.

--
Best Regards,
Artem B. Bityuckiy,