jffs2 with sync burst mode

Konstantin Kletschke lists at ku-gbr.de
Fri Mar 11 06:27:30 EST 2005

Am 2005-03-11 14:15 +0300 schrieb Artem B. Bityuckiy:
> Konstantin Kletschke wrote:
> > The "Name CRC failed on node at ..." is away. I populated the root-fs
> Good.

But is moving the memcpy function a valid fix? There must be something
really wrong which should be fixed :/ DCache corruption i.e. missing
invalidating at the right time?

> > root-fs. No problems. But mounting takes ages :)
> How much time does "ages" mean ?
> Do you stand that it was faster before?

Sorry, my apologies! CONFIG_MTD_DEBUG_VERBOSE was on 2, on 0 I get
reasonable mount time again, I am very sorry for misleading you!

> How large is your flash?

16MB, the root-fs is 5MB...

> Do you have directories with huge files number in it (say, ~ 10000)?

No.

> A: This means that flash_eraseall ought to write special node called
> cleanmarker at the beginning of each block.

> If you are sure that the problem is not your slow flash driver, you
> might try Ferenc's "summary" patch.

But if I understood correct the not created-cleanmarkers-by-bootloader
problem is "solved" on second boot? I see this here also, the 1st mount
takes ages, the following are fast.

Regards, sorry, Konstantin

--
GPG KeyID EF62FCEF
Fingerprint: 13C9 B16B 9844 EC15 CC2E  A080 1E69 3FDA EF62 FCEF