SPI DataFlash interfacing using 2.4.27-vrs1

Narinder Kumar narinder at kritikalsolutions.com
Mon Mar 7 07:39:01 EST 2005

Dear Mr. Andrew,

               I tried out the solution that you mentioned in the last
mail (please look into the mail below) but still i am not able to reach
at a safe state. It did helped a bit in the sense that now my flash code
recovers from CRC errors sometimes but sometimes it fails too and it
fails because of Data corruption and when it fails it aborts my
application and thereafter i have to start from the beginning i.e
erasing the flash completely and then putting the application again.

Can you please guide me in a bit detailed manner ?
Which version of MTD is being used by you ?

I tried out  mtd-snapshot-20050217.tar and latest one also but still not
able to get rid of my problem.
I installed mtd using patchin.sh script with "-c -j" options and i
copied an older version(1.60) of mtdchar.c file as the newer one was
giving errors during kernel compilation and when i replaced it with
older version mtdchar then the kernel compiled succesfully.
If there is something crucial that i am missing out please let me know.
I hope you have not done any major changes in the patches itself to get
it working, if that is the case can you please update me where from can
i get the working patches for 2.4.27-vrs1 or if you can forward the
patches to me , that will be great.

Regards,
Narinder