SPI DataFlash interfacing using 2.4.26

Andrew Victor andrew at sanpeople.com
Tue Mar 1 03:54:44 EST 2005

hi Narinder,

>          Did anyone on the group sucessfully interfaced a JFFS2
> partition on SPI DataFlash on Atmel's AT91RM9200 DK using  kernel 2.4.26
> ? I have been able to mount the partition but read/write was giving CRC
> errors.

I'm running JFFS2-on-DataFlash successfully on 2.4.27-vrs1.

1) You will need to download the latest CVS version of the MTD/JFFS2
code from cvs.infradead.org (see http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/ for
instructions).

2) Read the INSTALL file and then run the ./patchin.sh script

3) There are some incompatibilities with 2.4 kernels, but they're not
difficult to fix.  This might help:
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2004-December/011039.html

4) Configure your kernel and enable "JFFS2 write-buffering support"
under Filesystems->JFFS2.

Regards,
  Andrew Victor