Re; MTD (2) Block Driver broken

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Mon Mar 7 17:42:38 EST 2005

On Mon, 7 March 2005 22:20:38 +0000, Gareth Bult wrote:

> > The old driver also got the interface wrong.  In your example, with
> > just a single device to use, it doesn't matter.  But once you deal
> > with several devices, the old variant really sucks.  That is why I
> > changed it (and why I renamed the driver).
>
> If you were to change the parameter name back to "device", it would be
> compatible with the old driver. (pretty much) Hence you'd not need to
> change the name (?)

That would work for 99% of all users - those that only use a single
device and no other parameters like erase size.  For the remaining 1%,
I don't want to break anything, so the different name should remain.

What I could do is introduce a new config option, like
CONFIG_RENAME_BLOCK2MTD_TO_BLKMTD.  With the option set, the driver
also accepts the "device" parameter and the kernel module is renamed.

Would this work for you?

Jörn

--
Eighty percent of success is showing up.
-- Woody Allen