Re; MTD (2) Block Driver broken

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Mar 7 15:21:02 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 20:00 +0100, Jörn Engel wrote:
> o You want your name removed.
> o You will have your name removed.
> o I'm left wondering why you submitted the code in the first place.

Er, because he'd done the work and figured it might be useful to others.
For which we are grateful, Gareth. Please don't be discouraged. You
aren't obliged to maintain the code for ever just because you posted it
once.

It is common for people to want to take credit for their work -- and
thankfully it's not so common for us to screw it up for them immediately
after they submit it either :)

However, if you really want your name removed from the driver, that's
perfectly OK with us. I would normally be inclined to follow the lead
set in lib/vsprintf.c and leave your name in it in such a way that it's
clear you're not to blame if it doesn't work (grep for 'portably') but
it's your call.

--
dwmw2