Re; MTD (2) Block Driver broken

Gareth Bult gareth at linux.co.uk
Mon Mar 7 08:06:56 EST 2005

Ahh, right, that makes sense.

I re-write a driver so it works properly.

You clean up all the code I've written to the extent that it no longer
works. (was it 22 different patches?)

Code gets submitted to kernel (obviously without testing) and ends up in
the live tree as broken code.

And it it's "my" fault for not checking and fixing all YOUR changes ?!

Right.

Why am I mailing you now?

Well, firstly I have in interest in the integrity of the kernel tree -
I've been working with it and on it since 1991. Secondly, you inserted
my name into your broken code - I do not appreciate this.

What would I like, I would suggest one of;

a.    Fix your changes, TEST, and re-submit to the kernel tree
or
b.    Remove the new driver from the kernel tree

Either way, I would appreciate it greatly if you would remove my name
from your work.

Incidentally, there's nothing wrong with my memory (yet) and I'm still
not interested in working on the mtd driver for exactly the same reasons
as previously mentioned.

Many thanks,
Gareth.

--
Linux.co.uk - promoting open source software in the UK
"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then