Bad black table not found

Matt Garratt m.garratt at adfa.edu.au
Mon Mar 7 07:07:27 EST 2005

When my computer boots, I get the following messages that concern me
regarding the DOC2000. Are these something I should worry about and if so,
is there anything that can be done to fix?

Bad Block Table not found for chip 0
Bad Block Table not found for chip 0

INFTL: corrupt block 4087 in chain 4087, chain length 0, erase mark 0x0?
INFTL: formating chain at block 4087
INFTL: formatting block 4087
nand_erase: Failed erase, page 0x0001fee0
INFTL: error while formatting block 4087
INFTL: cannot calculate a geometry to match size of 0x6d5c0
INFTL: using C:999 H:16 S:28 (==0x6d440 sects)

It appears that the BBT is missing or something, which is odd since I have
reconstructed using the M-Systems utilities
(dformat /win:d000 /USELOG:BBT.txt)

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I am using a 2.6.9 kernel patched from cvs.

Matt