MTD support for Samsung K9K4G08U0M 4G 8bit NAND

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Fri Jun 3 04:12:36 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 17:05 -0600, Derek Jones wrote:
> The device is detected correctly (ID is EC, DC, C1, 15). However, code
> in nand_bbt.c is calling read_oob that issues a read OOB (0x50) command
> that is not supported by the Samsung device.

static void nand_command_lp (struct mtd_info *mtd, unsigned command, int
column, int page_addr)
{
	register struct nand_chip *this = mtd->priv;

	/* Emulate NAND_CMD_READOOB */
	if (command == NAND_CMD_READOOB) {
		column += mtd->oobblock;
		command = NAND_CMD_READ0;
	}

> I have poked around in nand_bbt.c, but don't see anything obvious. Any
> suggestions?

There's nothing to poke there :)

Can you provide more detailed information what is not working and which
problems you have ?

tglx