mkfs issue

Artem B. Bityuckiy dedekind at infradead.org
Sun Jul 31 06:42:10 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-30 at 11:35 +0900, Amit Sharma wrote:
> 1. what is the purpose of block size option -e
Obviously, the size of the eraseblock of your flash.

> 2. This problem based on my two host PC
> if i use option -d /home/jffs2stuff  i found my file size is zero on
> my one Host PC
> but on other setup i found file size 13310 always ,what is this problem .
No idea ...

> 3. If i create file of more than 1.3MB Jffs2 response degraded during
> ls-la and using of benchmarking.
That's the property of JFFS2. Take a quick glimpse at http://www.linux-
mtd.infradead.org/tech/JFFS3design/node2.html.

> I am using linux 2.4 kernel .do you think i should upgrade my jffs2
> for 2.4 kernel from cvs.
If you want some support from the MTD folks, use 2.6 or 2.4.27+ kernels.

Glance at http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/source.html#kernelversions

--
Best Regards,
Artem B. Bityuckiy,