mkfs issue

Amit Sharma amitsharma91 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 22:35:51 EDT 2005

Hi ALL

Thanks Thomas for help,I need more support form group

Now for creating file i am using this option but i have some doubt

nkfs.jffs2 -s 2 -e 128 -o jffs2.image

Issue

1. what is the purpose of block size option -e
2. This problem based on my two host PC
if i use option -d /home/jffs2stuff  i found my file size is zero on
my one Host PC
but on other setup i found file size 13310 always ,what is this problem .
3. If i create file of more than 1.3MB Jffs2 response degraded during
ls-la and using of benchmarking.

I am using linux 2.4 kernel .do you think i should upgrade my jffs2
for 2.4 kernel from cvs.

Thanks
AK