Does MTD could be the origin of my problem ?

Ludovic Guilhamat lguilhamat at perax.fr
Tue Jul 26 05:44:36 EDT 2005

Hi all !

I'm working with a Coldfire platform (5272) with a Nand flash of 32MB.
I'm trying to use the last MTD snapshot which works with the 2.4.27
kernel (/2005-03-04 snapshot) /on my Nand, with Jffs2 (I plan to
implement Yaffs).

When my system is up, I have a kernel bug panic which appears, for
example, when I do a 'ls -al /home' (/home is an mtdblock with jffs2) at
the root directory (/). If I'm in the /home directory, the problem
doesn't seem to appear...

The kernel bug is : kernel BUG at page_alloc.c:254!
                                 Kernel panic: BUG!

So, do you think that the MTD could be in cause, since a past MTD with
2.4.19 kernel worked well...?

Thanks.
Ludovic.