there is a change in previous post

Todd Poynor tpoynor at mvista.com
Tue Jul 19 12:33:20 EDT 2005

Nupur wrote:

> I am trying to make Linux 2.6.10 work with MTD support. ...
> in function 'mtd_notify_add': undefined reference to 'class_device_create'
> in function 'mtd_notify_remove': undefined reference to
> 'class_device_destroy'
> in function 'init_mtdchar': undefined reference to 'class_create'
> in function 'cleanup_mtdchar': undefined reference to 'class_destroy'

The latest linux-mtd code matches the latest linux code, which obsoleted
the previous "class_simple" interface in favor of the above interfaces
recently.  Check the CVS logs and cvs diff the appropriate revision of
mtdchar.c to find a reverse patch to put back the class_simple version.
  Or googling Greg K-H's changes to convert class_simple will also show
examples that can be reversed.

--
Todd