there is a change in previous post

Nupur nupurj at cdac.in
Tue Jul 19 05:34:50 EDT 2005

 Hello,
There are some changes in the previous mail.So, I am re-writing the whole
mail. I appologize for this.
I am trying to make Linux 2.6.10 work with MTD support. I am compiling the
kernel on the host platform (Desktop computer) and then will be porting
it on target platform. I have also included the patch for the kernel called
mtd-snapshot-20050705. Though, whenever I include the support for mtdchar
device, I get errors and the kernel wont compile.

 The error being:
in function 'mtd_notify_add': undefined reference to 'class_device_create'
in function 'mtd_notify_remove': undefined reference to
'class_device_destroy'
in function 'init_mtdchar': undefined reference to 'class_create'
in function 'cleanup_mtdchar': undefined reference to 'class_destroy'

 I checked in mtdchar.c, there is a call to the above functions but I could
not
find the definition of these functions in my kernel.

I understand that I am missing something, but what I am missing is not clear
to me.
Please help me.

 Thanks and regards,
Nupur