JFFS3 document / wiki [OT]

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Thu Jan 27 14:01:13 EST 2005

On Thu, 27 January 2005 18:27:01 +0000, Cam wrote:

> Sorry but I'm not convinced. The link is interesting but there is no
> mention of wikis. Also, php and mysql are used widely for other
> purposes, if it was as bad as you say, we would be in some kind of web
> apocalypse, which we're not. There are other wikis too (Java based or
> Perl/CGI in my case).

Translated to plain English, my reasoning puts php/mysql into the same
league as wuftpd or bind.  Expect to update those packages twice a
year for security reasons.  And never run it on machines that
criminals might care about - they will simply create a new exploit and
attack the machine before you get a chance for updates.

But if you're fine with that, feel free to use the software.

Jörn

--
Victory in war is not repetitious.
-- Sun Tzu