JFFS3 document

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Thu Jan 27 08:17:02 EST 2005

On Thu, 27 January 2005 09:47:31 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 15:30 -0600, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > > Instead of editing this file via CVS, would it be possible (and a
> > > good idea) to use a wiki?  That would make it really easy (and time
> > > efficient) for anyone to modify it.
> > >
> > That was brought up on IRC and vetoed.  Wikis tend to get spammed with
> > useless or out-dated information, and it's another application for the
> > server to have to keep up are the reasons I believe.
>
> It wasn't really vetoed. I just said that _I_ didn't want to run a Wiki,
> for much those reasons. I also pointed out that having a minor barrier
> to entry wasn't _necessarily_ a bad thing. Hell, most days even I
> shouldn't be permitted to commit to it. Why should we open it to the
> world? :)

Plus, Wikis tend to be instant security problems.  The situation
appears to be so bad that anyone with average exploit knowledge can
read the sources and control some new machines within a rainy
afternoon.  So you'd have to keep a seperate machine just for wiki.

Jörn

--
I can say that I spend most of my time fixing bugs even if I have lots
of new features to implement in mind, but I give bugs more priority.