JFFS3 document

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Jan 27 04:47:31 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 15:30 -0600, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > Instead of editing this file via CVS, would it be possible (and a
> > good idea) to use a wiki?  That would make it really easy (and time
> > efficient) for anyone to modify it.
> >
> That was brought up on IRC and vetoed.  Wikis tend to get spammed with
> useless or out-dated information, and it's another application for the
> server to have to keep up are the reasons I believe.

It wasn't really vetoed. I just said that _I_ didn't want to run a Wiki,
for much those reasons. I also pointed out that having a minor barrier
to entry wasn't _necessarily_ a bad thing. Hell, most days even I
shouldn't be permitted to commit to it. Why should we open it to the
world? :)

Send patches if you want to make changes. If you make a habit of sending
patches we actually want to apply, we'll give you an account and you can
do it yourself. That's the way it's always worked for the code, and it
doesn't seem to have been much of a problem.

--
dwmw2