xattr support for JFFS3

Lorenzo Hernández García-Hierro lorenzo at gnu.org
Fri Feb 25 09:12:34 EST 2005

El vie, 25-02-2005 a las 10:51 +0100, Thomas Gleixner escribió:
> I backup Davids POV. xattrs should go into new node type(s) rather than
> into the reiser style "everything is a directory" approach. It's an ugly
> hack. I prefer designed functionality over the patchwork approach. I
> know that it will take more time, but it will fit better and will be
> easier to maintain.

Me too, ignore my patches that use the weird reiserfs-based
implementation, among that they wouldn't compile yet :)

And yes, we can't break ABI/API compatibility by adding ugly hacks, so,
I will do as David commented, will try to start some new work on it this
weekend, but I'm still busy with exams and other stuff.

Thanks again for the comments,
Cheers.
PS: Those who are interested in this and also in contributing and
working together to get it, would write their names and contact info at
http://wiki.tuxedo-es.org/tuxedo/JFFS2xattr ?
--
Lorenzo Hernández García-Hierro <lorenzo at gnu.org>
[1024D/6F2B2DEC] & [2048g/9AE91A22][http://tuxedo-es.org]