xattr support for JFFS3

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Fri Feb 25 04:51:45 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 00:56, Keshavamurthy Anil S wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 04:42:02PM +0100, Lorenzo Hernández García-Hierro wrote:
> > I've read the tech. specs. of JFFS2 as David recommended to me, so, we
> > should separate two possible solutions:
> Can you please point me to the same spec.
> >
> > 	- use a new node type(s)     <- what David likes (& wants AFAIK)
> > 	- use reiserfs style-storage <- what I have done partially

I backup Davids POV. xattrs should go into new node type(s) rather than
into the reiser style "everything is a directory" approach. It's an ugly
hack. I prefer designed functionality over the patchwork approach. I
know that it will take more time, but it will fit better and will be
easier to maintain.

tglx