Administrivia - READ ME

David Woodhouse postmaster at infradead.org
Mon Feb 21 16:36:18 EST 2005

If you receive spam from the mailing list, please don't report it to
spamcop without bothering to contact me. I do my best to filter the crap
out of the list, and I don't think we do too badly. I really don't want
to restrict the list to subscribers-only, which is about the only other
trick I can think of.

The machine lists.infradead.org is in a temporary home, and I've just
been jumped on by the people whose netblock it's currently living on,
after they heard from spamcop.

It's possible that whoever reported it didn't realise it was from the
mailing list because their filtering is broken. You shouldn't be looking
in the To: or Cc: headers of the mail. The SMTP reverse-path, usually
seen in the Return-Path: header when the mail has been delivered, is the
reliable way of detecting where mail came from and filtering list
traffic.

--
dwmw2