MTD JFFS2 Problems

Rick Adams rgadams at cox.net
Fri Feb 4 13:12:18 EST 2005

On Friday 04 February 2005 09:00 am, linux-mtd-request at lists.infradead.org
From: Jeff Stevens <jsteve17 at yahoo.com>
>Subject: MTD JFFS2 Problems
>To: linux-mtd at lists.infradead.org
>

>[root at gtvme root]# Write clean marker to block at
>0x00a20000 failed: -30
>Write clean marker to block at 0x00820000 failed: -30

I had a client that was experiencing the CLEANMARKER errors at boot (mount of
the jffs2 root  filesystem). The problem was related to using the host
version of mkfs.jffs2 tool when they should have been using the target
version. They were also experiencing several other "weird" operations. This
issue is only applicable in a cross development environment. Unfortunately
Jeff, you did not give us enough information for me to tell what's going on.
Hope this helps.
--
Rick Adams
rick at theptrgroup.com