ST flashes

Ashwin Chaugule ashwinc at aftek.com
Wed Feb 2 14:44:18 EST 2005

Hi,
         Im using 2.4.19-rmk7-pxa1 ... i know its really old and all
that ... but i have no options right now...
but anyway..
Here's my problem.
I have two pxa 255 boards , one with ST flash and one with AMD.
I configured them to use the lubbock flash driver , and made one
partition for jffs2.
sorry i dont have the board with me, i shall post the dumps soon..

On both the boards,
it boots up properly , performs all file operations smooth ...mount ,
read write etc..
on the AMD , this performance is consistent even after powering the
board down.
But on the ST , the moment you power down the board ! , the next time ,
it only mounts , but doesnt
let me perform any fops. I keep getting I/O errors..for only write
operations... read works , coz i could ls in the partition.
It also doesnt let me format the partition.

So I upgraded , the mtd subsys , along with jffs2 , but still the same
behaviour...
Also , after upgrading mtd , i found that , the lubbock driver uses
ioremap_cached and DMA , which is not available
in 2.4.19 , so i disabled all of it , but then the cfi probe fails , and
only rom_mapping works...
due to which im guessing , mtdblock0 gets write protected and mounts
jffs2 as read-only.

So I used the physmap driver , created one partition just like the
lubbock driver .. , but then again , it mounts it as ro !!
here again , only ROM mapping works , it doesnt detect the flash type
anymore. I have enabled Intel/Sharp , ST and AMD flash driver options in
the CFI submenu.

Before upgrading the mtd , these options used to work.

Can anyone , give me a lead here ?
Thanks,

--
Ashwin Chaugule