CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP_START

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Wed Feb 2 17:09:30 EST 2005

Yor mail client still sends lines > 80 chars

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 19:49 +0000, Alex wrote:
> Also (in addition to my previous post, where
> I am questioning the correctness of the output,
> stating that address belongs to RAM while it clearly does not !),

Would you consider to read TFA ?
>> 2. It's inside the reserved physical address space of RAM

> - it looks that I am in the "chicken" and the "egg" problem ...
> According to Thomas (see above), I can not rely on the
> flash phys start address, given to me "verbotum" -

Given "verbotum" - I guess you meant verbatim. Some one told you to use
0x000801, which is definitely wrong. Can you please provide the verbatim
information which was given to you ?

You could also point to some valuable information about the board
(vendor, user manual ....)

> so I can not set the value in .config
> for CONFIG_MTD_PHYSMAP_START ...
> Thomas - in what software you advise me to "decode the
> values in the registers to get real address values" ?

Again: RTFA
>> I have no datasheet handy, but you should definitely read it :)

The registers are described there. Do you expect that I download the
datasheet and decode this for your conveniance ? I can do so, please
contact me offlist and talk to your manager about a support contract.

tglx