Do I have to umount JFFS2?

alfred hitch alfred.hitch at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 11:36:53 EST 2005

Hi Peter,

We happened to have our system in rw mode (dont ask me why,I will be
embarassed).
Now, we have made it ro.
Files in question happened to be "sh"  or libc.so. etc.. basically one
which appeared to be in memory at that time before kernel oops or
sudden resets etc. So, to answer your question, yes they were from
start there. After making ro as ofnow we havent seen any corruptions.
But, my head has been looking for a reason as to why would it be
executables be ever written back to flash ??

Well jffs2 version we are using happened to be from snapgear 3.0 from
net. so I am kinda biased and hoping we arent with a such a broken
one.
(How to update to latest btw ? 2.4 backwards compatible ?)

Didnt get this comment of ur's :
1. Single files can be still corrupted, when you write them and press reset.

Regards,
Alfred