removing block2mtd devices

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Wed Aug 17 04:52:54 EDT 2005

On Wed, 17 August 2005 02:10:55 +0000, Ryan B. Lynch wrote:

> A while back, Jorn was kind enough to help me out with using the
> "block2mtd" driver.  He explained that once the driver has been loaded
> (either as a built-in driver or a module), it's possible to setup new
> devices with:
>
>     echo "/dev/sda1" > /sys/module/block2mtd/parameters/block2mtd
>
> Which gives you new mtdblock* and new mtd* devices.
>
> So my question is:  Is it possible to stop "block2mtd" devices after
> they've been loaded?  Is there a mechanism like the sysfs one shown
> above, or do you have to remove the module, or reboot, or something like
> that?  I'm using the entire MTD subsystem, including the block2mtd
> driver, as built-in, to avoid having to screw around with initrds, so
> I'd be interested in knowing what the deal is.

Right now you have to unload the module or reboot.  This sucks, I
know.

Please keep bugging me about this.  The code should be relatively
simple, maybe a day of work.  All I need is a constant reminder to
keep the item high enough on my personal todo list.

Jörn

--
The competent programmer is fully aware of the strictly limited size of
his own skull; therefore he approaches the programming task in full