removing block2mtd devices

Ryan B. Lynch rlynch at bway.net
Tue Aug 16 22:10:55 EDT 2005

A while back, Jorn was kind enough to help me out with using the
"block2mtd" driver.  He explained that once the driver has been loaded
(either as a built-in driver or a module), it's possible to setup new
devices with:

    echo "/dev/sda1" > /sys/module/block2mtd/parameters/block2mtd

Which gives you new mtdblock* and new mtd* devices.

So my question is:  Is it possible to stop "block2mtd" devices after
they've been loaded?  Is there a mechanism like the sysfs one shown
above, or do you have to remove the module, or reboot, or something like
that?  I'm using the entire MTD subsystem, including the block2mtd
driver, as built-in, to avoid having to screw around with initrds, so
I'd be interested in knowing what the deal is.

-Ryan