Patch: Greg's inftl support for nftl_format

Chris Bryden cjb at neonbox.org
Mon Aug 1 15:54:45 EDT 2005

Hi,

I hosed my 128Mb DoC 2000 by running nftl_format without reading the code
first. oops. On boot I was getting 'BNAND Media Header not found'. Looking
at the code for nftl_format in CVS it seems it only supports nftl, not the
inftl that my chip uses.

I patched the driver to get access to /dev/mtd0 again as per
http://www.linux-mtd.infradead.org/mail.html and then found Greg Ungerer's
version of nftl_format that I used to recreate the BNAND headers
-http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2003-May/007801.html

DoC is now working again with the un-patched drivers, yehay.

After chatting on IRC with dwmw2 about Greg's changes to nftl_format going
into CVS, it was suggested I submit a patch, so here it is.

Greg's original was from 1.18, so I've incorporated his changes into the
current cvs, 1.22. I'm pretty new with the DoC, and I don't claim to
understand all the finer details, but this seems to work fine for me.

Cheers,

Chris

--
Stay up late.
Stuff @ http://www.neonbox.org

PK @ http://www.neonbox.org/key.asc and http://www.keyserver.net
ID: 0x9C2E026D FP: 8003 E6DA 8C67 BE2F 36A7  7391 F5FD 31A9 9C2E 026D