nand locking

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Wed Apr 27 06:45:06 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 13:09 +0400, Timofei V. Bondarenko wrote:
> Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> See the 'Block Lock Mode' chapter.
>
> Lock block: 2Ah
> Unlock Block: 23h - start block - 24h - end block
> Lock tight: 2Ch
> Block Lock Status Read: 7Ah - block address

Ah, I see. Yes I remember that I have seen that before, but I was
puzzled by your per page locking question :)

> It would be nice to unlock the rw partitions only.
> But it's weird a bit:
> the mtd_partition may be incomplete before add_mtd_partitions() done.
> After add_mtd_partitions() my startap code has no handle to actual
> partition info.
> The mtd_partition.mtdp seems only choice, though it prevents partitions
> from registering...
> So, could couple of lines in add_mtd_partitions() do that work?

I'm not quite understanding, what your problem is.

Lock/unlock are general features and should be added to nand_base.c.
I guess the chips which have those functions can be identified and an
appropriate option flag set in the ID list, which then lets nand_scan
decide whether to fill in the lock/unlock function pointers or not.

> BTW. Can I post patches to this list?

Yes

> I've already sent one as attacment, but that message gets bounced
> "awaits moderator approval".

Thats list policy. Attachments have to be approved

tglx