NAND_NO_AUTOINCR

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Sun Sep 19 09:58:31 EDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 15:56, Artem B. Bityuckiy wrote:
> It seems that NAND_NO_AUTOINCR option isn't really used in mtd, anyway...

It is used. :)
nand.h
#define NAND_CANAUTOINCR(chip) (!(chip->options & NAND_NO_AUTOINCR))

> What does the NAND_NO_AUTOINCR mean? I suspect that this means that in
> read operations we can continue reading next consequitive pages without
> new read operation cycle. Is it this?

Yes, most of the 1st generation chips (256/512 byte pagesize) have this
feature. It's important to be aware of this.
After reading a page, those chips are automatically transferring the
The 2nd generation chips (2K pagesize and a couple of the newer 512byte
pagesize chips) do not have this feature, so you must explicitely issue
a new page read command to get the next page data.

tglx