Patch !

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Mon Oct 4 04:05:11 EDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-03 at 22:18, Nicolas Pouillon wrote:
> Unless... Is there some means to access DoC through JTAG ?
> I've seens some pages saying it works, but I'm not too sure it actually
> was speaking of the case I have : A PXA and a M-Sys DoC.

If you can start something like a kernel or a repairtool via JTAG you
should have access.

> > The new code supports the usage of NAND aware
> > filesystems like JFFS2 too. So you don't even need the INFTL stuff, if
> > you must not provide compability with the M-Sys stuff.
>
> Mh, what is "compatibility with M-Sys stuff" ?

The M-Sys INFTL format.

> > The MTD CVS patch (use patches/patchin.sh) should work with 2.6.7.
> > Hmm, the __iomem related changes are not in 2.6.7. Thats just a simple
> > #define. The code runs on 2.4 too. See compatmac.h
>
> I'll have a look at it ;)

I really recommend you to use the new code, so ppl. which have such
devices around can help you.

> > That's the only one I found on the M-Sys webpage which has a similar
> > type code.
>
> This is it. Is chip ID 0xa5 ?

Of course not. It's 0x75 :)

Maybe that helps:

> *Interestingly* I got a5ec as the ID for my chip, but this was an
> incorrect ID.
> the reason I got it was that on the toshiba controller I used, accessing
> the data register bytewise read every *other* byte, returning ec and
> garbage (which was  a5 always).
> Using a word access worked as expected and I got the correct id, 75 ec

Is the chip configured for 16-bit interface mode ?
If yes, there are more tweaks neccecary.

tglx