Patch !

Nicolas Pouillon nipo at ssji.net
Sun Oct 3 16:18:27 EDT 2004

[Sun, 03 Oct 2004 03:49:21 +0200]
Thomas Gleixner <tglx at linutronix.de> eut le bonheur d'écrire:

>  It's quite stable now. The experimental will go away soon.

;)

> I see. But you will not be able to use the chip really, as the code in
> mtd/devices and the old inftl driver are missing functionality (e.g.
> write support).

Short term I dont care about write support, as I wont have two chances
to rewrite the DoC, if I screw things up, the only thing I will be able
to do is get the device back to service (and they wont want to repair
it, I opened it...)

Unless... Is there some means to access DoC through JTAG ?
I've seens some pages saying it works, but I'm not too sure it actually
was speaking of the case I have : A PXA and a M-Sys DoC.

> The new code supports the usage of NAND aware
> filesystems like JFFS2 too. So you don't even need the INFTL stuff, if
> you must not provide compability with the M-Sys stuff.

Mh, what is "compatibility with M-Sys stuff" ?

> The MTD CVS patch (use patches/patchin.sh) should work with 2.6.7.
> Hmm, the __iomem related changes are not in 2.6.7. Thats just a simple
> #define. The code runs on 2.4 too. See compatmac.h

I'll have a look at it ;)

> > Things I can read on the chip (hoping i'm correct, it is not very
> > readable) are:
> > "M-Systems
> > Disc-on-chip
> > MD333-D64-V3-X
> > Japan 033-----" (dunno what's under "----")
>
> MD3331-D64-V3-T 64MB/512Mb FBGA 3.3V

64MB, 3.3V, BGA, yes ;)
Picture here, to confirm (I actually forgot the 1 after "333"):
http://a620.zwischenstand.de/Photos/DoC/dscn2499.jpg
(photos I have without the sticker are bad)

> That's the only one I found on the M-Sys webpage which has a similar
> type code.

This is it. Is chip ID 0xa5 ?

Cheers !

--