using multile partitions on one NAND chip

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Wed Nov 24 11:29:06 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 15:40 +0100, Stephan Linke wrote:
> Hi,

Please fix your mail client, to 80 characters per line.
Read http://david.woodhou.se/email.html

> anyone tried using multiple partitions on a NAND flash?

Ever looked into the various drivers in drivers/mtd/nand ?

> I can't find the protection mechanism that protects lets
> say an erase on one block against a read command on the
> other block.

nand_get_chip() contains the protection.

> efficient protection for this. It looks like nand_chip->chip_lock
> should do this job but it only protects

chip_lock is only for SMP and the lock/unlock macros contain the
preemption control if CONFIG_PREEMPT=y. The lock itself is a NOOP on UP
systems

tglx