JFFS2 & the write buffer patch

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Nov 11 06:16:37 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 16:54 +0300, Artem Bityuckiy wrote:
> Dear JFFS2 maintainers,
>
> I was recently fixed the problem with the JFFS2 write buffer races and
> have posted it to the MTD list. Unfortunately, maintainers did not
> comment the patch (only Estelle Hammache kindly responded).

Sorry, I've been busy. Like you, I really don't like the extra locking.
I was trying to find time to stare really hard at it and find a way of
doing it without extra locks.

> Could any one who has the cvs access rights please commit this patch? If
> the patch is bad, we may discuss how we can change it.
>
> The another possibility is to grant me the CVS access rights and I will
> commit the patch myself.

Mail me a SSH public key and you can have an account to commit it
yourself. But please let's convince ourself the new lock _really_ is
necessary before we do that. I really don't like it.

--
dwmw2