Can i use vfat as the mtd fs

mike mikelee at avantwave.com
Wed Nov 3 03:48:16 EST 2004

Dear all

    I need to do a flash disk for my board. It should be used by windows
system. So vfat or msdosfs should be use.
    I have try to use mkdosfs to format the mtdblock device, but it is
unable to get the drive geometry. And i have browsed the source code of
mtdblock(with linux-2.4.18), there isn't ioctl for check geometry.

    If i want to use vfat with mtdblock , do i need to upgrade the
latest mtd version? Is this portable to linux-2.4.18 ? Or any portable
version of mtd i can use?

Best Regard
Mike,Lee