diskonchip2000 support in 2.4.22

Andre Sodermans andreesje_werk at yahoo.com
Sun May 9 16:32:12 EDT 2004

> > hello all,
> > I can't access my diskonchip2000 partitions from
> > linux. I have linuxmz 2.4.18 installed on it and
> it
> > boots fine from diskonchip.
> >
> > The kernel I built for LFS5.0 is based on 2.4.22.
> > I compiled the kernel with:
> > CONFIG_MTD = m
> > CONFIG_MTD_CHAR = m
> > CONFIG_NFTL = m
> >
> > Running modprobe docprobe, I get:
> >
> > DiskOnChip Millennium found at address: 0xD000
> > no flash chips recognized
> >
> > It is actually a diskonchip2000.
> > There is no entry in /proc/mtd.
>
> Which driver are you using?

the one from the unpatched 2.4.22 kernel. I actually
forgot to mention the following config flags that I
used on my most recent kernel:
CONFIG_MTD_DOC2000=m
CONFIG_MTD_DOCPROBE=m
CONFIG_MTD_DOCPROBE_ADDRESS=0
CONFIG_MTD_NAND_IDS=m

I then ran:
modprobe -a doc2000 nftl mtdchar
modprobe -a docprobe

I'm actually now building another kernel with the
latest mtd patch, just to be sure.

> > After I installed the kernel I noticed that I was
> > missing the /dev/msys/fla* so I created those.
> Also
> > the /dev/nftl* were missing, so I downloaded the
> > latest mtd snapshot and ran the MAKEDEV script.
>
> /dev/msys/fla* are the dev files from M-Sys's custom
> driver
>
> /dev/nftla  are the dev files for the mtd subsystem
> (this list)
>
> They are two seperate and different methods of
> accessing the DiskonChip

Ok, I was being desperate, I meant to just use the one
from the kernel since the one from mtd is a lot
better.