diskonchip2000 support in 2.4.22

Andre Sodermans andreesje_werk at yahoo.com
Sun May 9 15:26:51 EDT 2004

hello all,
I can't access my diskonchip2000 partitions from
linux. I have linuxmz 2.4.18 installed on it and it
boots fine from diskonchip.

The kernel I built for LFS5.0 is based on 2.4.22.
I compiled the kernel with:
CONFIG_MTD = m
CONFIG_MTD_CHAR = m
CONFIG_NFTL = m

Running modprobe docprobe, I get:

DiskOnChip Millennium found at address: 0xD000
no flash chips recognized

It is actually a diskonchip2000.
There is no entry in /proc/mtd.

After I installed the kernel I noticed that I was
missing the /dev/msys/fla* so I created those. Also
the /dev/nftl* were missing, so I downloaded the
latest mtd snapshot and ran the MAKEDEV script.

I tried to mount -t ext2 /dev/msys/fla1 /mnt/doc -
result:
mount: /dev/msys/fla1 is not a valid block device

I tried to mount -t ext2 /dev/nftla
mount: /dev/nftla1: unknown device

Did I miss something?