Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtualaddress80000013

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Mar 25 15:04:32 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 14:39 -0500, Eric Hammerle wrote:

> I suppose a diff would look something like this:
>
> - unsigned char name[0];
> + unsigned char name[0] __attribute__ ((align(4)));
>
> I'm not sure if this is the recommended fix for the alignment issues, but it
> worked for me.

That'll work but at a cost of taking up extra RAM. If you're going to
try that, make sure you also include the latest patch I committed to
v1.98 of file.c. That eliminates another unaligned write.

You might do better to use get_unaligned() in the flash chip driver when
reading from the buffer though.

--
dwmw2