Formatting INFTL

Greg Nutt greg.nutt at cadenux-support.com
Wed Mar 17 17:14:04 EST 2004

Hello, list,

I am trying to bring up MTD on a 32MB Millenium Plus DoC
(MB2811-D32-V3).  After a couple of days of suffering and terminology
shock, I think I am getting close.  Using the current MTD snapshot on an
ARM9 Linux 2.4.20, I am getting the following:

  INFTL: inftlcore.c $Revision: 1.1.2.1 $, inftlmount.c $Revision:
1.1.2.1 $
  DiskOnChip Millennium Plus found at address 0xC000000
  Flash chip found: Manufacturer ID: 98, Chip ID: 75 (Toshiba:NAND 32MiB
3,3V)
  1 flash chips found. Total DiskOnChip size: 32 MiB
  mtd: Giving out device 1 to DiskOnChip Millennium Plus
  INFTL: could not find valid boot record?
  INFTL: could not mount device

My question:  It appears that need I need to provide an INFTL format for
the DoC.  Can someone explain how to do that?  I would be greatly
appreciative.

I recall reading in this list that Greg Ungerer had a modified version
of nftl_format that would do this job.  Is this available to the public
somewhere?  Or, if the modification to ntfl_format are trivial, can
someone explain them?

Thanks in advance.

Gregory Nutt
--