Speed of writing to flash

Matthias Gorjup gorjup at norik.com
Thu Mar 4 12:45:05 EST 2004

On Wednesday 03 March 2004 15:47, you wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 20:40 +0100, Matthias Gorjup wrote:
> > Hi, thanks for the prompt answer. But in the kernel 2.4.20 that we are
> > using, there is not "erase suspend" supported - as I could understand
> > from the source code. And there is no EraseSuspend variable anywhere in
> > the mtd source code of the kernel 2.4.20.
> > Could you give us some info about what else could be wrong?
>
> Please don't top-post. Your reply should be underneath the _selectively_
> quoted parts of the original reply.
>
> You could try updating to the latest code, in that case. Or use
> profiling to see where it's spending all its time when it's slow.
OK, I will try... before doing that just one question:
- when I tried to simply copy 2 MB large file from NFS mounted file system to
the flash file system, it took me from 5 to 20 minutes. It took me 5 minutes
after rebooting and over 20 minutes after doing it for the fourth time (with
no rebooting in between). Is 5 minutes normal for writing such a big file to
flash file system?

Best Regards

Matthias Gorjup
www.norik.com