erase error when I use the Intel E28F128J3C-150 chip

Dan Post djp.mtd at onemyth.net
Thu Jun 3 12:31:25 EDT 2004

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 00:39:34 +0800, linuxtom wrote
> But when I mounted it as a writeable filesystem, the system was crashed.
> I tryed to debug this error, and I found that the problem is erase error
> in do_erase_oneblock().
> The system crashed after erase command.(CFI:0x20,0xD0) in this
> function.(waiting... and then core dump....)

If you provide a decoded dump error (through ksymoops), your kernel version
and patches you applied, as well as the date you got your MTD from CVS (if you
did), people can help you a lot easier.

Does this error happen every time, or is it intermittant?

Dan