Doc_loadbios fails? Docboot?

Dan Brown dan_brown at ieee.org
Mon Dec 20 14:57:32 EST 2004

I'm CC'ing the list on this since other people may benefit.

Carlos, John J USAATC wrote:

>Dan,
>
>  Maybe you can answer some questions for me.  I use dformat to create the
>BDK and BDTL partitions.  The BDK is 2 Meg and the BDTL the remainder.  My
>/proc/mtd shows just one entry mtd0.

This sounds like the problem.  My guess is that you did not compile MTD
partition support into your kernel.  If partition support is not
available, I think only one device (mtd0) gets created, which is not
what you want.  See if you can verify that this kernel config option is
turned on.

>I then try to follow your guide lines
>for docboot.  I use mtd0 in the nand_eraseall and the nandwrite function.  I
>write the doc_spl and then reboot (init18 hook).  I can't boot from the doc.
>I have lilo on a floppy and when I direct lilo (on a floppy) to boot from my
>hard drive the inftla chip is gone/messed up and the driver doesn't see an
>inftla1.
>
>  Could you tell my why this might be?

Since you did a nand_eraseall/nandwrite to mtd0, you erased your
*entire* device, and then wrote docboot to the beginning.  Not what you
intended at all :)

Let me know if you have any success.  If this works for you, I should
update the docboot instructions to tell people they need partition support.

    -Dan