JFFS2 mount time

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Sat Dec 18 11:19:23 EST 2004

On Thu, 16 December 2004 21:47:49 +0000, Gareth Bult (Encryptec) wrote:
> blkmtd.c is pretty much a rewrite, less than half the size and uses the
> system buffer cache instead of reading / writing directly to the device.
> This boosts performance x 3 on read x lots on write. [I get x 100
> faster] (albeit you lose bad block detection on write)
> If anyone's interested in the code, let me know and I'll clean it up and
> post it .. however it'll be a new file and not a patch.

Sure am!  If the code lives up to your promises I'd like to read it
(might learn something new) and possibly use it sometime soon.

The competent programmer is fully aware of the strictly limited size of
his own skull; therefore he approaches the programming task in full
humility, and among other things he avoids clever tricks like the plague.
-- Edsger W. Dijkstra